Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
Youre familiar with the real estate industry & have experience or a sincere interest in learning how to accurately price properties across multiple states. You pay attention to the details, enjoy research, & excel at the game of Spot the Difference. Youre able to work independently but know when to ask for a second opinion. Youre motivated by the success of your team while also taking pride in being a subject matter expert. Youre looking for a role with immediate impact on scaling a startup within a startup to 5-10x its current volume.
What Youll Do Here
The Cash Close Valuation Analysts primary function is to mitigate risk for both HomeLight & its investors by ensuring we purchase the right homes at the right prices. Youll determine property eligibility for Cash Close through assessments of both the market & the home itself, & youll analyze both subjective & objective data inputs to present your opinions of value of homes.
- Run property analyses using both objective data & qualitative feedback provided by our clients & partner agents
- Communicate red flags on potential deals, & make recommendations for HomeLights best path forward
- Identify ways to improve our valuation process to increase both efficiency & accuracy as we scale
- Experience in a startup environment
- Comfort with ambiguity & ability to change course or adopt new processes as needed
- Confidence in your opinions, but willingness to change them as you receive new information
- Ability to clearly articulate your thought processes & communicate your opinions & recommendations in a way that can be understood by someone who is less analytical than you
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience with valuing or buying residential real estate
- Sound understanding of price discovery / demand-supply dynamics for illiquid assets & its impact on pricing accuracy
- A positive attitude in stressful situations
- Proficiency with Excel & Google Apps, & comfort learning new tools & systems
- Ability to effectively multitask & reprioritize a daily task list as offer deadlines & time-sensitive new deals are assigned
- Knowledge of how residential real estate gets transacted & how the home shopping / home buying process unfolds