WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Shield is a team of engineers specializing in security & protecting the flow of our customers content so that information doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Box Shields mission is to protect the flow of information while delivering frictionless user experience so that Box is the tool of choice for secure Cloud Content Management. Our customers trust Box to keep their valuable content safe. Shield does this by understanding both the content & the intent behind interacting with the content, using various machine learning technologies to detect anomalous behavior & by restricting the access based on sensitivity of the content & classification labels applied to it.
If you have a passion for building secure, highly scalable, & performant distributed systems we have a great position for you. We are looking for a seasoned software engineer who will help us spearhead into the next generation of Shields capabilities. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new & emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, & engineering process improvements. You will innovate alongside other senior members of the team & across Box on our road to excellence. You will drive & deliver scalable security capabilities including ML/AI powered product features to our 100k+ enterprise customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with teammates to foster solid engineering principles & represent our engineering values.
- You'll work with modern technologies & frameworks such as Java, Scala, Docker & Kubernetes to design, develop, deliver & maintain high quality & best in class security capabilities that delights our customers.
- You'll envision, design & develop scalable & performant end to end customer facing product features (including ML/AI powered capabilities) working with the product manager & UX designer.
- You'll provide inputs & expert guidance across all levels of architectures & mentor other engineers in the team.
- You'll participate, influence & decide on key decision in company wide architectural reviews & bring your security experience to the table.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer & an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent.
- You have designed, built, & maintained scalable services for use in production & have fluency in Java and/or PHP.
- You have experience building microservices & secure architecture solutions for Web or REST API based microservices.
- You often collaborate with engineering & business leaders across organizations & disciplines.
- You understand the importance of balancing security, performance & usability.
- Nice to Have
- Experience designing & developing enterprise security products.
- Some experience building & shipping ML/AI powered features.
- Experience developing on cloud platforms: GCP/AWS/Azure.
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- You have led or contributed to open source projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.