Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune & Fox Sports.
Taboola, the worlds largest content recommendation platform, is hiring a motivated, proactive, & process orientedPublisher Operations Sales Directorto partner with approximately 50 Sales personnel across the globe to increase sales productivity by simplifying processes & implementing sales automation tools. The Publisher Operations Manager will own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales process & conversion rates throughout the sales funnel.They will work with the global sales teams to improve sales performance down the funnel on an ongoing basis. The Publisher Operations Manager will track quarterly objectives, standardize business reporting, & create dashboards for sales & executives. This includes building dashboarding capability to inform sales reps, managers, & leadership on historical results, current performance, & expected results in the future. The Publisher Operations Sales Director will also have responsibility for developing a proactive performance management strategy & defining commission plans to drive the proper behavior across the global Sales organization.
Taboola employees are highly motivated, self-starters who thrive on achieving success after success. Taboola products are technically sophisticated but easy to use. They are leveraged by our Publisher & Media clients to drive advertising & audience acquisition while also streamlining their Editorial operations. To be effective with Taboola's internal teams, you need a strong background in an internal operational role or in a client-facing role at a premium Publisher / Media company. You need to be naturally inquisitive, data oriented, analytical & excited about the business value our clients are achieving with our products & services. We take pride in our professionalism, integrity, & ability to deliver real value to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in a very successful & rapidly growing company.
In this job you will:
- Act as point of contact for the Publisher Sales Operations team
- Assess Sales processes & tools, making recommendations for further development & improvement.
- Evaluate existing Sales operations technology platforms & determine optimal tools for overall success, reporting & KPIs
- Ensure systems are in place & are utilized to capture & report on Sales KPIs, including Gross Revenue, Net Revenue, Margin, Close Rate, Lifetime Value, etc.
- Automate Bi-Quarterly Forecasting Process. This includes providing reporting & analysis on all Sales activities
- Provide recommendations & take actions based on strategic objectives, forecast or performance metrics
- Define Sales Playbook & identify ways to automate as much of the workflow as possible, specifically for SMB.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel & operational metrics & delivering regular insights to the business; define & deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for sales management
- Align Publisher Sales Operations activities & cross-functional initiatives to support & enhance the objectives of the organization.
- Create & maintain Executive dashboard for ongoing monitoring of Actuals vs. Forecasts by region & to assess the performance of the Sales teams
- Own commission plans while working with the VPs, Country Managers & Sales Leaders to define the rules by driving proper behavior aligning with the companys strategic objectives
- Develop relationships with Sales Regional VPs, Country Managers & Sales Leaders
- Work collaboratively with internal Taboola teams in order to provide the best service to the global Sales team
- Up to 25% travel will be required.
- BA/BS required
- 8+ years of sales, sales operations or business operations experience in online advertising (publisher experience preferred)
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system & process requirements, & ensure local execution & business impact
- A solid understanding of web technologies & the digital media revenue ecosystem, including web advertising measurements & analytics
- Very strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by monitoring/identifying trends with data
- Highly motivated, proactive, dedicated & creative to meet the needs of the Sales teams
- High attention to detail, organized with strong communication skills
- Strong team player, but still a self-starter with the will & ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment & learn, learn, learn!
- Solid experience with ad tech prospecting tools (Datanyze / Similar Web), CRM software (Salesforce), MS Excel (or Google Sheets) & Business Intelligence tools, e.g., Tableau
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present & influence credibly & effectively
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, & superior time management.
- Excellent listening, negotiation & presentation skills
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.