Customer First. Experience Driven. World Class Experiences.
The Role Youll Play:
As a product designer you will work closely with the Product, Data, & Engineering teams to rebuild, unify, & expand our data admin. Our data admin is paramount to the effective operations of the CB Insights platform. Your work will help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward. Youll play a critical part in building unified, user-centric, & flexible data management & ingestion tools to extract & maintain data for our platform.
Your work will delight hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
About the design team:
The CB Insights design team is a small & collaborative group of hardworking individuals. We know success comes from a team that can trust, challenge, & learn from one another. We value autonomy & heads down time giving each other the space to take ownership & experiment. We are constantly evolving to ensure our processes are working hard for us, not the other way around. Designers work with teams across the organization & have direct access to leadership. Our work is highly visible & directly impacts the future of the CB insights platform, branding, & customer experience.
Your Main Tasks:
- Collaborate with our Product Owners, technical leads, engineers & business stakeholders to translate complex, high-level concepts into clean, intuitive, & functional experiences that facilitate & improve CB Insights internal operations
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce fast, intuitive, & accessible user experiences
- Make data-driven decisions that translate business goals into product experiences based on user feedback, site metrics, & usability reports
- Advocate for the user, validate concepts, & obtain feedback comprehensively across internal, external, & third party stakeholders
- Facilitate a collaborative design process soliciting feedback early & often
- Rapidly ideate & validate designs through sketches, prototypes, & testing
- Create high-fidelity visuals & specifications for your final solutions working closely with Technical Product Managers & Engineering to ensure high-quality implementation
- Scale & contribute to the CB Insights design language systems & guide implementation & anatomy
- Help build out product design processes, tools, & culture
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Proven experience with data extraction systems; you must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Proficiency in UX, wireframing, research, usability testing, & web form design
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy, usability, & design principles
- Experience designing for a software development company with a data heavy product
- Systems thinker - have a holistic understanding of user needs by exploring the interconnected complexities of the current system & working to optimize when possible.
- Fluency in the latest product design tools & technology (e.g. Sketch, Abstract, JIRA, etc.)
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Seeks feedback early & often with an iterative, user-centric approach to designing experiences
- Highly developed time-management, prioritization & organizational skills
Youll be successful here if:
- You can make decisions quickly with a deep understanding of the bigger picture
- You're obsessed with details
- You are someone who is comfortable setting direction
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills
- You approach design with a high level of user empathy
- You are curious & willing to experiment
- You are self-aware & humble
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!