Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. Our product teams leverage data coming from our player to measure success, prioritize our next steps, & envision new possibilities for the thousands of video publishers we serve daily across the web. We iterate quickly, conduct frequent experiments as part of product development, & seek to be data driven in everything we do.
We are seeking talented candidates for a 12-24 week internship with the Data Science & Product Analytics team. In this role you will work closely with product managers, data scientists, & other key stakeholders to develop insights that inform data driven decision making. Your findings will impact not only business strategy but also the next generation of JW Player products, from our flagship video player & video platform to our video recommendations service & advertising products. Youll play a critical role in improving these products & guiding our future development efforts.
In this role you will:
- Work closely everyday with members of the Data Science & Product Analytics team (see a recent blog post from our team here)
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Business Managers, & other key stakeholders
- Create dashboards to visualize data & track product features
- Conduct deep dive analysis to inform product & business strategy
Were excited about candidates who have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in statistics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, economics or related fields
- 1+ years experience writing SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of statistics & probability
- Good organization skills, ability to work with multiple teams
- Strong communication skills & the ability to explain complex information to non-technical audiences
- Curiosity & creativity
- A self-starting, data-driven mindset
- Experience with Python or R for data analysis and/or modeling
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and/or machine learning
- Tech and/or media industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with Looker
- Advanced degree
- Experience engineering analytics pipelines
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.