SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, SUPPLY CHAIN (STARLINK)
- Collaborate with design engineers to gain an in-depth knowledge piece part, assembly, and/or sub-system design intent
- Support procurement team to strategically source parts matched with supplier competencies by reviewing & assessing supplier manufacturing processes & quality systems.
- Create & define supplier technical & quality requirements based on customer & program requirements & expectations for NPI & production phases
- Implement & monitor production part approval process (PPAP) with selected suppliers to enable rate production
- Assure supplier understanding of product & submission requirements
- Develop & approve process controls to control critical characteristics
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risk & potential defect opportunities
- Analyze supplier quality & delivery metrics to identify trends & pinpoint systemic performance gaps & root causes to drive supplier improvement plans
- Provide feedback as appropriate on manufacturing methods & technologies.
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing & suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues & to provide technical support
- Drive supplier corrective actions associated with any escapes or containments identified in SpaceX production or the SpaceX supply chain
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, & courage
- Drive for results & customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with teams, lead projects, & continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- 1+ years of work experience in manufacturing engineering, design engineering or other supply chain discipline
- 1+ years of experience with mechanical assemblies, materials or processes
- Experience managing external supplier partners
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in engineering, business, or supply chain
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing & driving results
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (production part approval process, advanced product quality planning, first article inspection reports, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques & methods, e.g., design of experiments, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9000/TS/AS9100/NADCAP)
- Disciplined approach to problem solving - 8D
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated & able to respond quickly to a fast-moving & ever-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, & organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal & presentation communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.