iCapital Network is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
This position is a tax operational role for servicing hedge & private equity fund of fund & access fund vehicles (the funds) in conjunction with third-party administrators to ensure timely tax reporting & communication as well as maintain metrics that drive continuous improvement throughout the processes.
- Maintain various internal & external calendars for different stakeholders such as investor relations, sales teams, & client relationship managers.
- Track delivery expectations from underlying managers & service providers.
- Monitor against service level expectations & escalate to managers to keep processes on time.
- Deliver data & source documentation to appropriate service providers.
- Provide support with investor demographics, including reviewing W9s, W8s, CRS forms for completeness.
- Monitor & triage inbound queries for resolution & create KPIs for further evaluation to reduce inbound queries.
- Assist investors & advisors with inquiries relating to navigating a third-party website to make tax elections.
- Review, log & categorize various state & federal tax notices for the tax team & tax firms to respond to.
- Participate in reaching out to underlying fund managers for expected dates to receive tax estimate & K1s & coordinate delivery of underlying K1s to various tax firms.
- Compile various metrics & KPI needed for internal communication & analysis for improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of information for third party vendors preparing 1099s, 1042s, 8804s & other tax documents.
- Coordinate receiving, reviewing against contracts, & approving invoices for payment from various vendors related to tax process.
- Assist in the mailing & processing of tax returns.
- Help with ad-hoc & special projects as directed by the tax team.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- 5+ years experience managing processes & ensuring coordination across groups to a common goal
- Experience in fund accounting, tax reporting, fund administration or fund operations, with a focus on alternative investment funds including fund-of-funds & feeder funds preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task & work both independently & as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to learn new topics & work in an evolving business environment
- Organized, self-motivated, & detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture
- Passionate about being a part of our iCapital team & representing our company with integrity, dignity, & pride
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; & generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time & parental leave.
As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our Princeton, NJ, New York, NY or Lisbon, Portugal offices.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.