Smartling is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our fast-paced marketing team. You will be responsible for working with the product, sales & marketing teams to develop & refine the products market position, & effectively communicate product benefits to the broader market. You will be charged with crafting competitive differentiation, messaging for product features & launches, & driving feature adoption from existing customers. Through qualitative & quantitative market assessments, you will become the market & customer expert, & use these insights to inform the product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, or Technical Marketing in the technology industry. In this role, you will make data-driven decisions to move the team & product forward to achieve company goals, while developing the strategy for messaging, promotion & sales of our products.
- Craft messaging & product positioning to clearly articulate the value of the brand & products to increase our market share.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal & external stakeholders on our product features & their enterprise business value through release notes, product briefs & web pages, webinars & new media.
- Train internal teams on positioning ourselves against the competition.
- Assess the market landscape, provide market analysis, identify target markets, define ideal customer profiles & buyer personas, & conduct competitive analysis for product differentiation & positioning.
- Work with the product & sales team to identify opportunities for our product to evolve.
- Lead, develop & execute go-to-market plans for new features & products.
- Speak & present both internally & externally to evangelize & promote the story of our product.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing, Product Management or Technical Marketing experience.
- Past experience at a software/technology company.
- Ability to understand complex technology & translate it into consumable marketing messaging.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & effectively work cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative & work in a self-directed manner.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Interest in language, culture, & global content.
- Results Focused. Center on professional & personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun & energetic co-worker.
- Strong analytical thinker. If there is a problem I have a solution attitude.
- Strategic thinker. Translates high level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively & cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally & externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan - just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.