Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
Youre a seasoned product marketer with experience launching & growing SaaS self-service products. You understand developershow they think, work, communicate. Youre smart & get things done. Analytical & creative. Collaborative & independent. You work well with cross-functional partners. You gather & leverage the insights of users to create compelling product messaging that shapes their experience & influences their decisions.
What you'll do:
You will be the Senior Product Marketing Manager of Stack Overflow for Teams. Your job is to serve developers by growing sign-ups for Stack Overflows private Q&A product for small to medium-sized companies. You will also work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, UX, & developers to evolve Stack Overflows flagship public Q&A experience.
- Partner with Product, Content, & Digital Marketing to identify & execute effective strategies for increasing traffic to Stack Overflow for Teams.
- Monitor the end-to-end funnel (traffic, sign-ups, trial conversions, renewals), identifying opportunities to optimize conversion at each step of the funnel & working with the Product Manager to implement your recommendations.
- Conduct user & customer research to uncover rich insights to inform product decisions & messaging.
- Develop, manage, & execute the go-to-market playbook for new products & features, collaborating with Product, UX, Marketing, & executive stakeholders to determine effective launch strategies to drive trial, engagement, & customer happiness.
- Create product narrative & positioning to distinguish Stack Overflows offering from alternatives & adapt core messaging for web & email copy.
- Partner with Product & Community Management to build new features & increase engagement on stackoverflow.com.
- Establish domain expertise: Develop a deep understanding of how developers use Stack Overflow for work & what their needs & pain points are.
- Determine, measure, & report on KPIs for all of your initiatives.
What youll need to have:
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience
- Experience launching & optimizing self-service subscription products, ideally including pricing & packaging
- Experience marketing to or writing for a developer audience (developer relations or developer advocacy experience is a plus)
- Excellent writing skills & a passion for product storytelling
- Strong analytical skills & the ability to use Google Analytics to monitor & understand traffic flow & conversion rates
- Experience in user/customer segmentation, research, & persona development
- Experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience working with Product Management, UX Research, & Design
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.