Squarespace is looking for a Senior Security Engineer of Digital Forensics & Incident Response to join a dedicated team responsible for monitoring & responding to attacks on our platform. In this role you'll partner with teams across the organization to build processes that secure a platform that powers millions of websites.
This role will report to the Detection & Response Manager.
- You will conduct digital forensics & incident response at the Senior Security Engineer level
- Design, develop, & deploy Intrusion Detection System & other perimeter security defenses.
- You will respond to ongoing incidents, investigate historical compromises, & provide adept analysis & findings
- Establish strategies for threat detection, alerting, & response;
- You will initiate reactive & proactive threat hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, application, & log analysis
- Establish processes & build playbooks of operational response to incidents
- Familiarity with Threat Intelligence, ability to speak a second language such as Russian to keep up-to-date of modern threats & InfoSec news is a plus.
- Architect, implement & support security-focused tools & services
- Provide Mentorship & technical expertise to junior team members to assist their technical development.
- Masters Degree in either Computer Science or Information Security
- 5+ years experience in the security industry including both Defensive & Offensive experience.
- Certifications which include but are not necessarily limited to: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP
- Experience with Cloud & Container Security, as well as infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of Malware Analysis, Reverse Engineering, as well as Host-based & Memory Forensics.
- Knowledge of network & web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/HTTPS) & how to keep them secure.
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, & IT)
- Experience with Red & Purple Team Exercises, Adversary Resilience, & Cyber Deception
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku) & Networking & Web Application security
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.