Andelas Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, & technology. Were working closely with engineers, operations teams, & users to build a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) & some of the best companies in the world (opportunity). We believe that the future of work hinges on successful remote work relationships & we are building products to solve for this. We are a small team, rapidly expanding & eager to make an impact.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers & designers to define, build, & launch mission-critical initiatives that have a direct impact on the companys bottom line. Were looking for an experienced product manager who will use research & data to define strategy for a category of products, & who is at the same time a world-class executor. We need problem solvers, creative thinkers, & people who arent afraid to get their hands dirty.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company & you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- Define, scope, & prioritize Andelas Client Side Marketplace Product roadmap; you will own an entire product category.
- Own & lead all aspects of an established agile team: writing user stories & acceptance criteria, backlog grooming, triage & prioritization, demos, end to end product execution, cross-functional leadership.
- Communicate product direction, progress, delivery, launch, & mitigation plans to all relevant team members & business stakeholders.
- Establish & maintain credibility within engineering, the business, & our users.
- Conduct user research & data analysis to assess opportunities, risks, & business plans.
- Set adoption targets & continuously analyze data to assess the success of a product & inform product direction.
In the first week:
- Onboard & integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andelas existing product suite.
- Become acquainted with your area of focus, peers, stakeholders, & your product goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with your engineering team to familiarize yourself with the backlog.
- Work with senior team members to develop & prioritize your high level roadmap.
- Form relationships with your business stakeholders & start understanding end user personas.
- Take over all current initiatives.
In the first three months:
- Fully own a product category, working with other team members to complete research & prioritization for the next major release.
- Ship features that deliver high business value.
- Fully embed yourself in your engineering team & take ownership of all product management activities.
- Monitor the success & adoption of any product features shipped against company goals.
- Understand Andela business processes that fall under your area of responsibility & propose new ways to scale those processes with product.
- Run stakeholder meetings/initiatives to evangelize & push adoption of the product roadmap.
- Establish yourself as a well known, key player within the product team & within Andela.
In the first six months:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering against company & product goals.
- Mentor more junior product team members.
- Consistently re-evaluate the roadmap & backlog to seamlessly respond to changing market & business priorities.
- Work with engineering to continuously improve development processes & practices within your team.
- Contribute to the development of the product management team by introducing new ideas/initiatives & pushing for the maturation of existing processes.
In the first year:
- Define your categorys product strategy & plan for expansion.
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted & highly valued Andelan & our team relies on you to consistently ship high quality products that our users love.
- Continuously strive to scale & improve the team, meeting the growing needs of the business & our users.
- Discover new product opportunities & actively contribute to the overall Andela product direction.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a software company, marketplace or B2B preferred. 7+ years overall work experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease.
- Technical fluency; you dont have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language.
- Ability to build wireframes & mockups, with a knack for keeping things simple.
- Strong understanding of how to truly propose & build a lean MVP & scope out further milestones for a product or feature.
- Detail oriented & a high bar for quality when it comes to writing stories, acceptance criteria, launch plans, & testing a feature before greenlighting its launch to users.
- Strong project management with the ability to identify & communicate blockers, next steps, & progress.
- Strong analytical skills & fluency with data, with the ability to use a variety of tools to gather & synthesize information (experience with Google Analytics, BigQuery, Looker a major plus).
- Excellent written & verbal communication with a tendency to over-document & over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble & willing to learn/grow. We need confident & capable PMs who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & growing their business. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair & competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community & we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect & dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities & prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities & workplace to all employees & applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state & local laws. This commitment applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.