A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks.
Mozilla is seeking a highly motivated attorney to serve as Senior Employment Counsel. This position is a part of the Legal Team & will play a key role in facilitating employment initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-focused legal team & to work in a fast-paced environment that have a direct connection to the health, safety, & security of the internet. This is a full-time, remote position.
Your Professional Profile
- Provide legal advice & counsel regarding employment issues & serve as subject-matter expert within this area.
- Draft, negotiate & revise as appropriate independent contractor/extern/intern/temp agency agreements & other employment related agreements.
- Manage Mozillas relevant employment policies, procedures & guidelines, adding, reviewing & revising as appropriate.
- Be willing to learn & assist Associate General Counsel, Commercial, Corporate & Employment on US & global employment laws, including maintaining policies, updating templates, & reviewing issues raised by the People Team for compliance with applicable law(s).
- Collaborate with other corporate functions, including legal, workplace resources, people team, executive team, & finance team to resolve issues & mitigate risks.
- Assist with internal investigations, as appropriate, through every phase.
- Develop & deliver training & communications programs to educate employees & management & promote ethical & compliant culture.
- Conduct risk assessments & evaluate effectiveness of compliance program elements; recommend & implement improvements based on such evaluation.
- Assist in maintaining our subsidiary & affiliated company corporate documentation under the direction of AGC, Commercial, Corporate & Employment.
- JD degree & active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience, including substantial experience in Employment Law.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Sound judgment & ability to analyze complex situations.
- High degree of professional ethics & integrity.
- Excellent project management & organizational skills.
If you dont meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.