Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Director, Organization Effectiveness & Performance to join our Talent Strategy team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As the Senior Director, Organization Effectiveness & Performance you will drive, & support company-wide initiatives focused on increasing organizational performance. This role has overall responsibility for leading, managing, & improving the programs, projects, & processes relating to the overall employee experience & determining appropriate actions & functional needs to improve employee advancement & retention. Including, but not limited to the future of work, succession planning & organizational design & learning & development.
This role will be responsible for researching the best practices & recommendation of organizational interventions will be expected, as well as creation and/or execution of solutions, tools, processes, & measurement activities. The incumbent will be able to collaborate, build consulting relationships with sponsors & business leaders, work in partnership with centers of excellence to generate integrated approaches, all with the aim of building organization & team capacity.
This role reports to the Vice President of Talent Strategy
- Participates in the development of the Company's strategic plans & identifies employee experience opportunities & translates them into HR people strategies.
- Oversees the learning & development & performance function of the business.
- Partner closely & become a trusted advisor to the People Strategy team (HRBP) & business leaders.
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture, interpret business strategy & translate to short/long term objectives & tactical application.
- Contribute to the development of leadership team & provides organization effectiveness (OE) support in achieving implementation of a delivery model, which is responsive to & supportive of organization & business needs, goals, & objectives, while embracing the mission & core values of Oscar.
- Leads, directs, coaches & guides leaders in identifying, prioritizing & building talent strategies & processes.
- Develops & oversees the execution of tactical plans to improve the overall operational efficiency & effectiveness of HR practices impacting the overall employee experience for today & the future by designing processes for the new ERP.
- Oversees employee feedback channels & communication (engagement survey, pulse surveys, etc.) & supports Company-wide and/or targeted initiatives to address opportunity areas.
- Champions talent assessment & performance management to support a culture of high performance, best patient care & positively impact overall employee retention.
- Effectively coaches executives & other leaders in matters relating to people operations processes & experience to drive high performance & motivate employees
Master's degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Effectiveness, Industrial Psychology or equivalent.
At least 10 years of progressively more responsible Organization Effectiveness work experience including demonstrated experience, with proven outcomes, designing organizational strategies that support business strategies & goals.
Requires 5 - 7 years of experience leading a team, preferably a team of professionals doing organization effectiveness & learning & development work.
Proven management, leadership & facilitation skills.
Ability to direct, lead & innovate.
Ability to overcome resistance to change while preparing & supporting those affected by change. Demonstrated skill in collaborating & partnering in order to garner support & build trusting & permanent relationships, partnerships & alliances with various groups & interests.
Demonstrated track record & core competencies in the functional areas of Employee Engagement & Experience, Talent & Performance Management
Successful track record of strong project management across a series of competing priorities. Strategic mindset with a willingness to be hands on & ensure operational excellence. Demonstrated strong communication/interpersonal & facilitation skills across all levels of an organization, including C-Suite; ability to manage by influence.
Ability to coach others to instill a sense of responsibility, uses ownership as a way to empower people towards greater results.
Displays analytical thought leadership on the HR process flows & infrastructure.
Demonstrated ability to synthesize quantitative data into easy to understand & actionable recommendations through a consulting mindset to achieve progress & positively impact business operations.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.