Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purposeto improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, & delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry & enhancing the quality of life for others.
In 2019 we raised our Series C, surpassed 400 employees across four locations, & achieved $200M ARR. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next Unicorns. Our journey is just beginning, & we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere. We are looking to scaling Alto from three markets today to over 50 markets in 36 months.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, & we are seeking an Inventory Accounting Manager to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting team. You will be responsible for all inventory accounting, cost accounting & inventory control functions. You will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of Altos inventory & you will be the go-to person for inventory accounting in the company. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making & develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to efficient accounting processes in a fast paced, high growth environment & the ability to clearly communicate deliverables & recommendations.
Reporting to the Controller, the Inventory Accounting Manager will:
What You'll Do:
- Lead month end inventory close processes including review of month end journal entries, fluctuation analysis, & reconciliation of inventory, good received not invoiced & PPV accounts
- Prepare summarized month end reporting for the senior management team around product costs, month over month & quarter over quarter improvements, & cost drivers
- Work with internal finance, engineering, & operations teams to strengthen the end-to-end inventory processes, identify & implement automation efforts & document controls
- Prepare weekly standard costing / purchase price variances analysis including identifying & explaining variances to product costs
- Work with operations teams to analyze inventory for potential excess & obsolete reserves & make related entries in accordance with the companys policies
- Implement three-way matching process & maintain accurate costing of all products & ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Identify opportunities to improve processes throughout the supply chain, while collaborating with cross-functional teams on owned processes, to drive greater efficiency & effectiveness
- Manage the overall physical inventory process, work closely with operations & auditors to ensure a robust inventory counting process
- Act as point inventory liaison for external auditors for year-end audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors & analyzing data. Collaborate with internal team & external auditors to ensure successful audit results & compliance.
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of inventory & cost accounting experience; must have experience managing high volumes of inventory with a large number of SKUs
- Thorough knowledge of applicable inventory processes, US GAAP, systems, internal controls, & corporate procedures
- Proficiency with accounting software & experience working in a large-scale ERP system with standard costing & inventory modules
- Excelled computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail & effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Passionate about building a young company & comfortable working in a fast-past changing environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively in order to ensure personal, department, & company wide goals are accomplished
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to self-reflect, learn, & be honest about development areas
- Experience with ERP system implementation a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Altos mission & values!
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or similar field
- CPA is a plus
Youll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced & ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level & want to be part of Altos success.
- Want a passionate, humble, & exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.