Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
At Optimizely, the Data Platform is the core foundation driving all our Experimentation & Personalization products that directly impact the customer experience. The Platform is leveraged across all product lines from spanning Analytics, Targeting, Recommendations & large-scale Ingestion. This platform processes billions of events a day & we've built many sophisticated, real-time data pipelines that can power a variety of analytical queries at web scale.
We are looking for a strong Backend Engineer to build cutting-edge analytical capabilities on the Data Platform for our rapidly growing enterprise customer base.
Why is this exciting for you?
We have recently made a strategic bet on the modern Data Science technical stack using Notebook technology as our next general Analytical offering. We are just getting started on this new, exciting Product & you'll play a key role in influencing this Product's roadmap & direction
- You will build highly scalable systems & services that ingest, deduplicate, count, aggregate, store, & archive these events as well as serve real-time analytics insights.
- You'll be challenged to engineer solutions that need to work at enterprise grade for our customers that send us their user activity events at web scale (6B+ & multiple TB/day).
Team's accomplishments & contributions:
- Our Streaming Analytics architecture in highscalability, one of the top sites for Distributed Systems architectures
- Our presentation at LinkedIn's Stream Processing Meetup on our use of Samza for Sessionization:
- Our presentation in Apache Big Data Conference 17 in Miami on the use of a Lambda architecture with Streaming:
- Apache Samza Case Study of Optimizely's Streaming use cases
- Our Engineering blog
- You have experience building data-centric applications in a web-scale environment with scale, operability, & performance in mind.
- You've worked on systems leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) services. Hands-on development & deployment experience with Open Data platforms like Apache Hadoop, HBase or Spark would be a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills & ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, Product Managers, Site Reliability Operations etc.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture atoptimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.