Roivant is a global biopharma company that aims to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, entrepreneurial biotech & healthcare technology companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology to drive greater efficiency in R&D & commercialization.
Since 2014, we have built 20 Vants & have raised over $3 billion to pursue our mission. Our family of companies today includes roughly 900 employees & over 45 investigational medicines in clinical & preclinical development, targeting a wide range of serious diseases including endometriosis, prostate cancer, Parkinsons disease, sickle cell disease, & multiple rare & fatal pediatric conditions. In addition to our biopharmaceutical subsidiaries, we also build technology-focused Vants focused on improving the process of developing & commercializing medicines.
Roivants employees are its most important assets. Our hiring strategy is to identify top talent from all backgrounds & develop future leaders across our businesses. We prioritize intellect & entrepreneurial energy first & look for team members who can create value & take ownership over their projects. We offer a fast-paced environment that values work ethic, analytical rigor, collaboration, & creative thinking.
At Roivant, we will give you the resources & freedom to tackle some of the most important & challenging problems in healthcare. If you find that exciting, we want to work with you.
About the Opportunity
How often are you given the opportunity to build something from the ground up, with an abundance of resources at your disposal; to be part of a team of people accomplished in diverse scientific & engineering disciplines, focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology to address complex, real-world problems that have a positive impact on potentially millions of peoples lives? This is that kind of opportunity.
We are seeking a thoughtful hands-on Data Analyst to join the rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters, focused on building a new digital health Vant. As the first Data Analyst, you will play a major role in defining our analytics strategy & methodology, & building a culture of data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate is insatiably curious & unafraid to ask questions; thrives on deriving insights from messy data; & is just as comfortable speaking technically with developers & engineers about data as they are digging into business questions & presenting insights to senior leaders to promote actionable change.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, & developers to identify, prioritize, & frame data & analysis requirements for deliverables that that will drive product & engineering strategy
- Work with business leadership to answer our burning questions with actionable data & insights
- Compile, transform, & interpret raw data from multiple sources into accessible analytics-ready data formats using SQL & Python
- Partner with various stakeholders to ensure data accuracy & consistency
- Collect, document, & systematically handle data issues
- Work with Data Scientists to identify & analyze proprietary & third-party data sets to generate clinical & operational insights
- Contribute to the development of our clinical trial risk monitoring application, which enables data analysis & visualization across various study dimensions
- Work with in-house, off-shore and/or near-shore development teams to achieve iterative sprint goals
- Collaborate with the Roivant Data Architecture & Development Operations platform teams to evaluate & implement methodologies to improve workflows & processes that facilitate data ingestion, analysis, & visualization
- Keep up-to-date on emerging technology solutions for continuous improvements in data analytics
- Help recruit highly capable engineers to the team from diverse backgrounds
- Mentor & be mentored by colleagues of varied experience levels & subject matter areas
- 2+ years relevant hands-on experience analyzing large, complex, structured & unstructured datasets, generating reports, & providing actionable insights to business & technical stakeholders
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel, & familiarity with Python a plus
- Basic understanding of applied statistics
- Basic understanding of machine learning techniques (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases & data models
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail & highly organized, with effective multi-tasking & prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated & self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly & autonomously
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Sincere interest in working at a rapidly changing start-up & scaling with the company as we grow
- Bachelors degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent field
Preferred (Nice-to-have) Qualifications
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, etc.)
- Knowledge of data visualization & charting libraries (e.g. D3, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Comfortable learning & using other programming languages such as R, Matlab, etc.
- Familiarity with modern data technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, EMR, or an equivalent cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience with healthcare data, ideally clinical/operational clinical trial data
- Knowledge of e-clinical systems & technologies (e.g. EDC, CTMS, IRT, etc.)
- Direct experience collaborating with clinical research/operations professionals
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD, etc.) in relevant field