Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Senior Netsuite Developer to join our growing Business Systems team in Technology. We are looking for an experienced Netsuite or OpenAir developer who can design/develop & implement customizations using SuiteBuilder & SuiteScripts. He/she will also build & support integrations with other Business systems & platforms.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, & we are supportive of both remote & hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Design, build & support complex NetSuite & OpenAir customizations, scripts & workflows (via SuiteScript 2.x, SuiteTalk, SuiteFlow,SuiteCloud & OpenAir scripting)
- Design & build custom NetSuite objects, NetSuite fields, page layouts, record types, reports, & dashboards.
- Prior experience in developing custom integrations connecting NetSuite & OpenAir with other applications.
- Lead system enhancements, including requirements gathering, development, testing, data validation, documentation, user support & training, & on-going application maintenance
- Experience in customization of reports, KPI's, dashboards, saved searches, & workflows within the NetSuite platform
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NetSuite functionality, customizations, & integrations
- Experience in building API & RESTful web services.
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment & effectively communicate with other teams & Business Stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience with NetSuite, with at least 3 years NetSuite development experience
- 3 years experience with NetSuite's customization platform, including SuiteScript,, SuiteFlow, SuiteTalk, SuiteAnalytics, & SuiteBuilder as a developer
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Netsuite SuiteCloud Developer Certification or similar
- Experience with SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF)
- Experience in Finance/CRM desired.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.