ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides a more effective & transparent way of buying & selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third-party inspections, title & payment processing, managing arbitration & transportation.
ACV Auctions is looking for a Security Operations (DevSecOps) Engineer responsible for designing, building & improving key security infrastructure components & instrumentation for ACV Auctions that perform at scale. We value practical secure software, infrastructure & instrumentation experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems & apply software engineering best practices.
As a Security Operations Engineer at ACV Auctions youll always be challenged to solve interesting & novel problems. If you are passionate about Security & working with bright & highly productive teams this role could be a great match.
What you will do:
- Develop, integrate & maintain secure infrastructure through reusable code & tooling.
- Use metrics & security monitoring systems to ensure security is effective & maintained in a fashion that supports our performance, scalability & stability.
- Find ways to use existing systems to improve security for our platform.
- Partner with security, infrastructure, application engineering, & data analytics teams to ensure infrastructure is well-positioned to meet required use cases.
- Cultivate the open source projects developed by ACV Auctions & build things you are proud to share.
- Interact with other teams outside of the security organization to ensure the uptime & reliability of our infrastructure.
What you will need:
- You have a track record of building security & infrastructure systems & automation.
- Ability to securely & proficiently work with high-level languages such as C#, Python & Java.
- A deep understanding of the Linux operating system, at both a high- & low-level.
- Familiarity with configuration/orchestration management software such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- Extensive experience integrating & automating services & operational tasks that consume & utilize APIs
- A tenacious ability to diagnose & fix security, performance & reliability problems.
- You use a pragmatic approach to decision making & design choices.
- Youve built highly available secure systems at scale.
- Capacity planning for large, multi-tier web systems.
- Interest in or experience with systems languages including C#, Python & Java.
- Contributions to open source.
- Experience with Kubernetes & Docker
- Experience with Linux kernel internals (TCP/IP stack, developing modules).
- Experience with ChatOps
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.