Working Appians Workplace & Facilities team the Travel & Workplace Events Manager will be responsible for helping plan & manage global workplace events focused on enhancing the employee experience, as well as assisting with management of large user group meetings & seminars..The Travel Manager will manage our global travel program, implementing innovative policies & processes to create an exceptional program for the traveler & Appian. The role will also be responsible for oversight of the employee travel process, including travel portal & coordination with all travel vendors
- Conduct research & feasibility studies to identify new event opportunities for Appian that support employee experience.
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders to create an ongoing event calendar in partnership with senior leaders to include company-wide employee events & functional events that promote Appians brand & support local initiatives.
- Determine fiscal requirements & prepare budget for each event
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers & subcontractors & make recommendations on vendor selection
- Negotiate preferred rates with hotels, airlines & ground transportation companies
- Create & analyze travel spend reports to identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with others to maintain the Corporate Travel & Expense policy
- Source venues, when required, recommend & engage catering, acquire supporting technology & coordinate development of materials to execute a quality event
- Coordinate & carry out project deliverables on schedule
- Work with team to establish staff schedules, task assignments, equipment allocation
- Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps & participant feedback & incorporate learning into future events.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 5+ years event management experience in an Enterprise Software & B2B environment
- 3+ years experience in management of employee travel process.
- Bachelors Degree
- CTSM and/or CMP Preferred
- Experience in crafting successful employee engagement events
- Critical thinking, strong problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to effectively communicate with customers & senior executives
- Experience in designing & managing programs that offer a world class customer experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced & results-oriented environment
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.