About the Opportunity
This is an opportunity to improve the lives of people with really hard jobs: customer care employees. You will be building & growing a system to make their job fun. Our product is enjoyable to use for self development & for coaching & motivating teams. We are creating something revolutionary because we understand the psychology of happiness & stress & we also understand technology, product, & usability. Nobody else is thinking about how to make the jobs of front-line employees fun.
We are seeking a remote Ruby on Rails Engineer proficient in TDD, to help us build & scale our large-scale platform that has tens of thousands of active users across hundreds of companies that are redefining customer service, like Warby Parker, Tinder, & Second Life. You will be part of a brilliant, fast-paced team tasked with helping make those agents jobs more fun.
- TDD-focused: RSpec, Capybara or similar
- Database design, architecture & migrations
- Understands where Rails can go wrong & can mitigate
- Willing to dig into messy stuff
- Can increase overall velocity by creating quality maintainable code
- Can think globally & act locally, which means building things right while pushing code multiple times per day
- Eager to both learn & teach within a high-powered team
- End-to-end, somewhat data intensive, web software development
- This is a web application position with a concentration on backend
- Solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
What will make you a stand-out candidate
- Show us your Github
- Share your Stack Overflow profile
- Find a way to show us the code & flows behind the most interesting work you have done
Compensation & Perks
Competitive cash comp; stock options; full (and might I add, excellent) health, dental & vision insurance benefits; gym stipend; unlimited vacation; much much more!
At Stella Connect, we love EVERYBODY! We celebrate our differences & believe that they add to our company's inclusive culture, innovation, collaboration & overall success. Stella Connect is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.