What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business & thought to yourself, 'that was my idea a few years ago'? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to put your idea into action within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups & entrepreneurship
- learn the process for going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, & passionate entrepreneurs in NYC
- join or build an all-star team
- make meaningful connections & become part of a global community
- learn & practice new skills to take back to your job or beef up your resume
To get a feel for the event, check out our awesome wrap-up video from Startup Weekend Music Tech edition! Many thanks to our amazing sponsor, Sony Music, for putting this together for us!
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event & program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers & other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities & even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- and passionate visionaries
What's the twist?
Travel Tech edition means you will be focusing on solving problems & filling gaps in the travel industry. Let your own experiences or desire to travel inspire you! Whether you have ideas to improve NYC subways systems or to make travel around the world easier, the ultimate objective of this event is to empower you to take any idea from concept to creation!
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full weekend-longevent
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the Travel Tech world & the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome Travel Tech professionals from throughout NYC
- All-star judge's panel lead by startup & Travel Tech leaders
- Membership in theStartup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- A #SWagbag & over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite alright! Come & spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, & see if something piques your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process & learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out theStartup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join us for a very special weekend!
Questions? Press inquiries? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.